Join our team
Benefits and Incentives:
- Uniforms/ Equipment provided
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Meals Provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- 13 Paid Holidays
- 13 Paid Vacation Days
- 13 Paid Sick Leave Days
- Paid Training
- Uniform allowance for Specialty Units
- 3% Educational incentive for Associate Degree
- 6% Educational incentive for Bachelor’s Degree
- 6% pay increase when assigned to a Specialty Unit
- Boot Allowance
- Take-home patrol car
- Military Leave for Active Service Personnel
- 24-hour Gym and Track available to employees
- Relocation Assistance of up to $2,000.00
- Lateral move hiring incentive
- Hiring Bonuses:
$4,200.00 for Deputy Seniors
$3,200.00 for Deputy Jailers
- Jailer: $44,602- $68,664
- Senior: $50,827-$78,246 (Salaries adjusted based on experience)
Civilian Employment Opportunities (Salaries adjusted based on experience):
- Administrative Support Associate II: $34,874
- Sheriff Process Associate I: $33,990
- Building Services Associates II: $32,067
- Trades Technician II: $39,106
- Cook: $31,256
Take pride in serving your community. Before beginning your career, there are a few basic requirements that you must meet before initiating the application process.
- High School Diploma or GED
- United States Citizenship
- Minimum Age of 20 for Sworn positions
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass drug screen, polygraph, and psychological evaluation
- Apply here.
- After the initial application is received, you will be emailed the initial hiring packet.
- The completed packet will then be assigned to an investigator, who will review your file and contact you to go over the hiring process.
Applicants must pass the comprehensive background process which includes a criminal, controlled substance, credit, driving, and employment history check. Applicants must also pass a panel interview.
In Phase II, applicants must successfully complete a drug screen, medical exam, polygraph, and psychological exam. Lateral Transfers must successfully pass the Georgia POST Standard firearms Qualification Course.
We highly encourage our deputies to attend the 12-week Basic Law Enforcement Mandate Course. Upon successful completion of the academy, deputies are promoted to Senior Deputy which allows for many career opportunities amongst our five divisions.
Deputies must maintain yearly requirements to keep their Georgia POST Certification active and in compliance. They must complete 20 hours of annual in-service training which includes:
- Deadly Force
- Community Policing
Some of our endless advanced training opportunities include: Supervisory Training, Defensive Tactics, Crisis Intervention Training, Field Training Officer, Hostage Negotiator, General Instructor School, Polygrapher, and many more.
Become a Star!
Civilian Highlight Video
Law Enforcement Highlight Video
Contact A Recruiter
- Investigator Cook at 770.822.3146 | Mark.Cook@gwinnettcounty.com
- Investigator Schneider at 770.822.3126 | Zachary.Schneider@gwinnettcounty.com
- Investigator Blake at 770.619.6801 | John.Blake@gwinnettcounty.com
- Investigator Hardy at 770.619.6828 | Pierce.Hardy@gwinnettcounty.com
- Investigator Filer at 770.619.6930 | Kimberly.Filer@gwinnettcounty.com