Zero Tolerance for Sexual Abuse
In order to uphold the safety and security of the detention facility, inmates, and staff, the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office has established guidelines and procedures in accordance with requirements contained in the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 (PREA). The Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office will uphold a zero tolerance policy on all forms of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and sexual abuse of inmates as defined under PREA.
How to Report Allegations of Sexual Abuse
- Contacting the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office at 770.619.6471
- Contacting the National Sexual Assault hotline at 1.800.656.4673
- Notifying any staff member to include a deputy, chaplain, medical practitioner, or counselor
- Submitting a confidential written complaint to staff or investigations
- Fill out and submit the reporting form via email
- Staff may report allegations via their chain of command
To report other crimes, call 911 or the Sheriff’s Office directly at 770.619.6500.